Crypto Tax Workshop Date And Time
Saturday, Jun 13, 2020
2:00pm – 5:00pm
About this Event
This will be a live virtual Event. Payments will be processed on Eventbrite and password to access the event will be sent on the day.
The Crypto Tax workshop will cover the following topics:
- Do I owe taxes? Understanding whether or not you owe taxes on your trades
- How will the IRS know if I have crypto gains?
- What has the IRS done already?
- What changes has the IRS made to catch tax evaders?
- What tools does the IRS use to catch tax evaders?
- What information does the IRS have on me?
- What do I need to file?
- What information you need to file your taxes
- How to generate the reports you need for tax time
- How to calculate my taxes
- Different types of gains
- How to choose a calculation method
- Can I deduct fees?
- Why your Coinbase tax report is WRONG!
- Common problems with crypto tax reports
- What to do about Hard Forks and AirDrops?
- How to handle lost, stolen, or hacked coins
- Tax issues from earning and spending crypto
- Tax issues for Miners and P.O.S Node Validators
- What is Tax Avoidance vs Tax Evasion?
- 11 Legal and Proven Strategies for reducing your crypto taxes
BONUS: A half hour of Q&A where Thabo will answer your specific tax questions!
2:00 – 2:05pm checking-in
2:05- 2:10pm intro
2:10- 4:40pm workshop (including 5 min break)
4:40 – 4:55pm q&a
4:55 – 5:00pm wrap-up
About Instructor- Thabo Abbate
Thabo is a CPA and Partner at Arbitus LLC, an Accounting and Advisory firm dedicated to serving cryptocurrency businesses and investors. Thabo specializes in providing accounting services to cryptocurrency focused businesses, tax services to cryptocurrency traders, and education on Blockchain related topics.
Prior to Arbitus Thabo spent over 5 years with PriceWaterhouseCoopers’ Internal Audit, Compliance, & Risk Management Solutions (ICRS) practice. Thabo was a member of PwC’s “Digital Accelerator” group working in Emerging Technology research with a focus on Automation and Blockchain technology. He has many years of experience delivering risk management and audit services to Fortune 500 clients across multiple industries.
Thabo has been actively involved in the crypto community since 2016. As an active trader himself, Thabo quickly identified a huge need in the community stemming from a lack of tax education and regulatory clarity in the cryptocurrency space. Outside of providing accounting services to blockchain focused businesses Thabo has taught spoken on the topic of cryptocurrency tax, taught courses on cryptocurrency taxation, and authored the official Coin Central cryptocurrency tax guide.
In addition to his accounting and consulting background, Thabo is an avid cryptocurrency enthusiast. He is a blockchain evangelist and active investor in the cryptocurrency space.
LinkedIn: Thabo Abbate
About The Organizers
Lair East: Helps startups grow by focusing on tech and culture while leveraging investments and network resources. The company grows a powerful and collective ecosystem between China and the United States, that consists of an international startup – accelerator community for entrepreneurs, coworking spaces, investment support and a bridge for China – US culture exchange. The company takes a “Build Local, Think Global” approach, and dedicates themselves to helping entrepreneurs and startups achieve their goals to make a real impact on the world around them.
BlokTech Network is the fastest growing blockchain and cryptocurrency community.
With over 7 locations (Miami, Atlanta, Durham, ShenZhen, Venezuela, Chile, New York), we are rapidly expanding to provide smarter resources to professionals, entrepreneurs, and businesses.
Get Your Official Member Card and Receive Access to 100+ Global Events: www.bloktech.network/membership
What do we do?
- use monthly workshops and meetups
- provide small business and enterprise blockchain solutions
- warehouse, distribution, and logistics for cryptomining equipment
Our annual conference @MiningDisrupt boasts 1000+ and growing attendance every year.
Entrepreneur or business wanting to be a part of our 15,000+ professional strong network of affiliates and partners?
Date And Time
Sat, June 13, 2020
2:00 PM – 5:00 PM EDT